Monday, October 27, 2008

Anatomy of a Run...(Without Mason)

8:oo am- The kids have just headed out the door for school and I think to myself...

I really should go running now. Hmmm...I had better just do these dishes really fast, oh yeah...I need to put that load of laundry in the dryer...Mason and Ashley's room is a mess, I'll just shut the door.

9:00 am- I finally put on my running clothes, brush my teeth, then Mason wants a fruit snack and for me to change the channel to Go, Diego, Go. I decide that I should put that other load of laundry into the wash.

9:30 am- I put on my running shoes, get my Ipod, kiss Mason and Kelly goodbye and I'm out the door...Yay! (Huge accomplishment!)

I get everything adjusted, turn on the music, and I'm off...

"Brrr, it's cold out here...It'll be warmer as soon as I get going a bit...Maybe I won't go as far today, I'm tired...No, I need to burn off all that Halloween candy I sneaked when the kids were in bed...Some hot tamales and a butterfinger sound good...Maybe I'll go to Ross and look for some running shirts, I only have two that are long sleeved...Why did I put this song on my playlist...I hope I don't trip while I am changing the song...I wonder how long I've been running...I hope I can get a nap today...Here comes my neighbor walking her dog...Wow, it's pretty amazing how I speed up when I pass someone...What should I have for lunch...This Avril Lavigne song makes me run faster...I wonder what it would look like if I painted my fingernails black...I really like these houses...I wonder how many bedrooms they have...Here comes the big hill...I hope that nobodies there...I look funny going down it...I wonder if it is to cold for snakes now...That is a huge ant hill...There is a big banana spider...I wonder if it gets to cold for them...If I fell down and broke my leg, how would I get home...It would be nice to walk for a while...I really enjoy wearing those size 4 jeans...I won't stop and walk...I would really like a new dress...I need to go to the store and get some milk...Maybe I could run a half-marathon...I should shave my legs today...What am I going to wear after I shower...I should clean the bathroom...Wow, I'm almost there...Glad I didn't quit...I do like running...When I'm done!...And when I put on my clothes and they're loose..."

Stay tuned for Anatomy of a Run...(With Mason!)

7 comments:

Darth Mama said...

Way to go, Heather!

Katie Evans said...

You are too funny. I'm proud of you for getting out the door. You always seem to be able to do it!

Not that I think it would be funny if you tripped, breaking your leg and had to get home by yourself, but it sure would make a great blog post! ...just something to think about.

Unknown said...

so funny. my run anatomy story is so much easier. "Thought of running....naw....if I lost my belly what would Rachel have to squeeze when she hugs me?" The End.

lindseylikes said...

We are more alike then we think sometimes!! I don't run, but I started walked (baby steps right!) I have the same train of thought as you!! I really enjoyed reading this post!! I love you Heather! Talk to you soon!!

Casias Clan said...

You are so motivated! Good job! Reading your post put the thought in my head to try it out too, then.... well, my Grey's Anatomy came on.

Jared-n-Cindi said...

You are amazing Heather! I need to try that. I mean the whole exersizing thing. But then again, doesn't chasing 5 kids around count? ;)

Unknown said...

Way to go superwoman! Hope all the tests come back good. You are inspiring but creeky bones and age are my excuses. >^..^< Mom Laing