Thursday, October 16, 2008

Where has time gone?


I am now the mother of a twelve year old. I know...Gasp, gasp! It truly seems like just yesterday that he was that little boy who loved to sing, I Am A Child of God, watch Barney, and devise more ways to cheat at Candyland (this was before he was even two!) How can it be that your little boy can go from this...

To this.... 

In just a blink of an eye! Here he is with Kelly as they were heading out to the priesthood session of conference. I vividly remember being his age and sadly, I remember thinking my parents were pretty old! (Sorry mom and dad, I guess what goes around comes around!) I am grateful for the awesome man he is turning into. I could have never asked for a better son. He is pretty amazing and we are grateful for the opportunity to watch him grow although it does make us feel a little aged sometimes. We love you Quincy! You are the best and we are so blessed to call you our son!

8 comments:

Katie Evans said...

I love Quincy too. I remember the night he was born. Kelly, you and I were having tin foil dinners and the next thing we knew...Quincy Laing was born. All of a sudden the world became a better place. Thanks, Quincy.

Darth Mama said...

too cute! That baby picture really makes me smile.

Bek and Rach said...

I can't believe he is 12. Your kids are growing so fast. We really miss living close to you guys!

Unknown said...

I have always felt that Quincy is a spiritual giant with a incredible intellect even when trying to put one over on me when playing candyland. You give us much joy and wonderful memories. Gma & Gpa Laing

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

Happy Birthday to Quincy! We're blessed to know him.

Johnny, Kindra, and Jasmine said...

Quincy was born while I was serving in Korea. It trips me out how fast time flies - feels like that was just yesterday! He's a wonderful kid turning into a great young man.

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

i want to turn 12
brittney

Angie said...

I found your blog through Sharon. I can't believe that my oldest will be 12 this summer. It is great to see your family all grown. I had lasik about 3 years ago and i love it. It took awhile to get use to the fact that i didn't need glasses any more but I don't miss them now.