Thursday, November 13, 2008

For the love of overalls!


No matter how hard I try I cannot figure out the reason that kids love overalls so much!

-Is it the little hooks at the top that clink together when they walk? (and make a very loud noise when they are in the dryer)

-Is it that they feel like a farmer?

-Is it that they are warm?

-Is it all the cool pockets to put stuff in, like rocks, flowers, and bugs?

-Is it that they make Mommy's life a little more difficult when she has assist the bathroom going process? (It's a bugger trying to keep those straps out of the toilet bowl!)

OR, could it be...

-All the room you have to hang free without the burden of a waistband?

I just don't know, but I know that Mason LOVES his overalls! Every day when he wakes up he asks me where they are. When I reply that they are in the laundry his face falls, yet he does accept the disappointment. I do have to admit that some days I do tell a "Mommy lie" and either say that they are in the laundry or I don't know where they are when in fact they are clean and I have hid them in his drawer. I know it sounds mean, but I don't want everyone thinking that my poor kid doesn't have any other clothes besides those overalls! :)

It's not just Mason who loves them though. The ones that Mason are wearing were Britton's, and Quincy also had a pair that Mason will happily get the wear when he grows out of these ones. Both of the bigger boys loved their overalls too! I secretly think that they wish that they could have a pair to wear now. I also think that Kelly wants some!..I wonder if he could wear them to work? :) Actually, for those of you who know what the guys wear underway on the submarine understand that he pretty much does get to wear them to work!
(Please refer to following photo!) - See...pretty much the same, just sleeves instead of straps!


4 comments:

Katie Evans said...

I love that you have just helped me justify all those little white lies that I tell my kids by calling them "Mommy Lies". Genius.

Jared-n-Cindi said...

You are so lucky your kids like overalls. I have tried and tried but so far none of mine have been fans (though after reading your blog, I guess there are perks to that ;). I too can be added to the "mommy lies" club, guilt and all. It's nice to be in good company.

lindseylikes said...

I love it!! I also tell "mommy lies"!! And for the same reason. I don't want people to think that my child has only one set of clothes! I love that mason loves his overalls. I to loves the overalls. I had to stop wearing them when people started asking me how far along I was! I love you. Linds

Bek and Rach said...

I love the overalls. I have pics of your other two boys in overalls in GA. I think it was when we went to the pumpkin patch!!