Saturday, October 3, 2009

My 5th Child

I know what your thinking..."What another kid?!" Not to worry, I'm not having a baby and I am not referring to Kelly either. I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family...Winky! Mason keeps informing me that I have 5 kids. I suppose that is really how it has to be because I always swore that I would never have anything in my house that pooped besides my children and husband.

Winky is Ashley's pet. And in case you couldn't tell by the picture, Winky is a gerbil. Ashley has him because she has an adoring father that loves her so very much and he pled her case to me and although I also love her so very much, I am pretty stubborn about extra poop producing things in my house, but I gotta admit I love that big guy (I am referring to Kelly now) and I gave in and now I have a little furry black son that resides in a cage in Ashley's room. Don't tell anyone, he is beginning to grow on me. I secretly go in to watch him while the kids are at school and I admit I find myself talking to him too.

So, welcome little Winky to the Laing household. We "all" love you.

5 comments:

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

These kids, theyhave a way with convincing us of things we never thought we would do. They also have a way of doing things I swore my children would never do. I try to never say "never" it gets me into too much trouble.

Bek and Rach said...

Wow...we are shocked...something in your home that poops other than your children. Way to go.

Katie Evans said...

I'm in shock. Okay, not really. I could see a glimmer of love for animals in your eyes after that dog followed us on our fun in Island Park. i gotta say, I haven't been the same since. But cosidering I still have way too much poop to deal with around here, I won't be looking for animal companionship any time soon!

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

I am stunned...really.

Rick

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie but he must have really small poops!! Good choice.