Saturday, March 7, 2009

Where have I been?

So, it has been a while since my last post.  I like to think that I've had a good reason, but truly I have just been lazy and putting it off.  Sorry mom!  As most of you probably know on January 22 Quincy received a brand new to him but slightly used kidney from me.  It has been a pretty amazing road but he and I are both recovering well and we feel very blessed for all the wonderful friends and family who have been there for us! Thank-you all!!!! Last week they interviewed us and wrote an article that was printed in the Montgomery Advertiser.  I posted the link below.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F200902260400%2FNEWS01%2F902260333

8 comments:

Gina and Brian said...

Great article Heather! We are so glad you are both recovering well.

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

I cant wait to read the article, but I have to comment on the lovely red noses. I love them. They bring back so many memories. In England they have red nose day where people buy red noses to wear and they do comic type things through out the day to help raise money for charities. I am glad you are doing well.

Angie said...

Wow! I am impressed. I had no idea. That was a great article. I really liked how the reporter talked about your family praying about decisions. I am excited to see you all again.

Jared-n-Cindi said...

Yeah! You posted again! It's good to have you back Heather! And I am soo glad you and Quincey continue to recover! Great article too. You and your family continue to be an amazing example of faith and courage! Is there a significance with the red noses or were they just for fun? Love the picture!! Continue to heal and blog! ;)

Jennifer Shurbet said...

Heather and family - Thank you for sharing the link to this article. It was well written and you could feel the strong emotion behind it. We are so pleased about both of your recoveries. God is pouring his blessings to your righteous family! Love you, Jenn & family

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

You are an amazing family. I loved the article. It is so nice to read uplifting news once in a while. I hope recovering is still going smoothly. You are still in our prayers. Even the twins mention Quincy and your family.

engineergirl said...

Heather, I am so happy to hear that you and Quincey are doing well. That was a great article. You are an awesome family!

Carrie Maseda said...

I loved the article!!!!!