Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dream Do Come True!

Every since we have moved to Alabama Mason has been asking us when it will snow.  I think he was thinking that it snow everywhere else except for Hawaii so of course it should be snowing now that we are not in Hawaii anymore.  Well, we have explained numerous times to him that it doesn't snow in Alabama, but to give him hope we tell him that it will snow in Nebraska (unfortunetely for me!)  It has been a long process of many discussions for him to understand that it will not be snowing here in the south.  Well.... we are liars.  One Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago I wake up to Ashley running into our bedroom shouting that it is snowing.  I think to myself, "OK, it's probably a few flurries melting in the air."....Nope, it's big flakes that are sticking.  Now, a note to all of you who are from the places where snow is a long 5-6 month reality, I realize this might not look like much to you, but to my tropical, snow deprived children this was a blizzard!  So here are a few pictures from EARLY Sunday morning....

Here they are staring in wonder....

Testing it out and here is my favorite quote from Mason after he heads out to play in his jacket and flip flops.   He is playing and then walks through the grass, he stops, gets a pained look on his face and runs to the door.  "Mom! Flip flops don't work in the snow!!"  (I know, I know!  The poor boy has lived in Hawaii most of his life, what do you expect!)

Here we are putting on more suitable foot wear!

Here is Britton testing out the trampoline.  And yes, he is bare foot.  I am such a responsible mom!  Don't worry, I'll try and have them wear appropriate snow attire for the winters in Nebraska!

My second favorite quote is from Ashley..."Mom, this is the most fun day in Alabama, ever!"

Here is Mason rejoicing over his good fortune!

And last we have Britton and his snow ball which he wanted to save by the way!

I think that the heaven's were smiling down on my kids that day and they were also good to me because after about 2-3 hours you would have never known it had snowed! Yay! That is my kind of snow!

5 comments:

Angie said...

OOh, I feel really bad to have to burst your bubble. It really really snows here. And it is horribly cold. I mean horribly. I hate the winters here. Mostly because the wind blows and there is always a wind chill. I have to say that I enjoy living in an area where there is just one temperature, not a heat index or wind chill temp, just the temp. You know about heat index. We are excited to have you this way.

Jared-n-Cindi said...

Great post Heather! Love the quotes especially!

Jamie said...

You might want to get your kids a puppy if they are that excited over snow! You are obviously depriving your children....poor kids!

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

It never stops snowing in utahone day it'll be sunny and warm and you'll be out in shorts and flip flops the next you don't dare go outside cus it's so cold you are so lucky you can enjoy snow

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

is ashley over webkinz
now