Sunday, January 4, 2009

Intervention???

Meet Fifi.....on the outside she looks cute, furry, harmless...right?... WRONG!!!!  Fifi is the cause of a potentially dangerous addiction that Ashley has fallen victim to.  Fifi is a WebKin. OK, for all you out there that are lucky enough to be saying to yourself, "What's a WebKin?" let me explain.  A WebKin or as I like to call it "Toy of the Devil", is a little unassuming stuffed animal that comes with this little card around their paw.  Now I mention the card because that is the source of the evil.  On this card is a little code with instructions...Log onto WebKins.com and put in "the code".  After your 6 year old (who, by the way, knows how to use the computer better than me) does this it all begins!  She now has to "take care" of the stuffed animal, Fifi, in our case.  You do this by playing a multitude of games, after you play the games you earn money to buy things for Fifi...food, bottled water, a bed, a fridge, a toilet!!!!, and my favorite...a treadmill! The list goes on.  And here's the clincher that I am reminded about all the time, you have to log onto the site and "take care" of your pet, ie:watering, feeding it, or it will DIE!! Oh, the tragedy!!  So our little Ashley, is....and I think I can safely make this diagnoses--addicted to WebKins.  I can barely pry her away from the computer to pursue my addiction of Facebook! It's like she starts to get the shakes when she is away to long and somebody else needs to use the computer!  Before you judge, I do feel like a bad parent, but hey, I comfort myself in the fact that at least it's not drugs!!  So I will continue to justify and hope that she grows out of it and one more thing...Thanks a lot Rick and Sharon!!!!!! 


Here's just a little picture of Ashley in the grips of her addiction.....

6 comments:

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

Look how happy she is. Nothing that makes a child that happy could be bad. By the way, when is her birthday? We have this cute little gecko stuffed animal that needs a good home. You think taking care of Fifi is hard...wait until the gecko gets into other people's online homes. When Ashley is away for more than a few minutes, the gecko will run up a staggering damages bill. They will of course go after you guys eventually to cover the costs, unless Ashley skips school and takes care of this lovely virtual pet. I don't see what your problem is... Rick

lindseylikes said...

I was laughing so hard! That is so funny. I was looking at those to give them to your kids, but now I am so glad that it wasn't me that got them!! Hang in there, I should only be a phase. At least you know that Ashley is excellent at taking care of animals!! I love you!

Darth Mama said...

oh, i just started facebook. i will try and look for you. also, i don't want to know about webkinz. I don't want to share my computer.

Jamie said...

I will make sure I never give my girls one of those. My kids barely let me on the computer as it is. Your kids get more and more beautiful everyday! I'm glad you found me on facebook....it's a good addiction right?!

Katie Evans said...

Okay, that made me laugh so hard! Maddie has a webkinz but doesn't realize the fun she is mission out on by not getting on the internet. I think I'll keep that secret safe with me for a long while!

Ricks comment made me laugh so hard.

Tawnya said...

Oh I love Webkinz! I had one as a class pet for a few years. It was great, during a few minutes each day we would take care of our pet and then some of the kids in the class would get a pet and you can invite each other over to play when you log on at the same time. It gets crazy, but it is at least teaching her how to take care of something. :) I too am addicted to Facebook. My husband calls it crackbook. But I love keeping in touch with friends like you! :) I don't have to share my computer for a few more years hopefully. Have fun!