Friday, April 6, 2007

Fun in San Diego


Kelly and I had a great opportunity this last month to spend some alone time together. His submarine pulled in to San Diego and I was able to fly out and spend the week with him. He, of course, had to keep his department on the sub running, (Those weapons can't load themselves without him for some reason!), but we still found a lot of time to be together and have fun. We went shopping at Target, which I was quite excited about since we are Target-deprived here in Hawaii. We filled our quota of Mexican food for the next year and enjoyed the sights that San Diego had to offer. I was fortunate to see an few friends from Georgia and reminisce. We were a bit chilly since our blood has been accustomed to Hawaii weather, but we had each other to keep warm. Most of all we just loved being with one another again since we don't get a lot of that lately with Kelly being gone. I have to say I did miss the kids very much but my wonderful mom did a great job taking care of them. I was a bit worried that they might want to send me back and keep Grandma! Thankfully they were happy to see me and now we are just waiting for Kelly to get home so we can all be together again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool you got to visit Kelly in SD. We love SD so much...did you get to see the temple? That's where we got married. Anyway, I wish you guys could come to UT. We have your old trampoline up and everything!!! Well Rach is almost due and ready to burst, she is hoping to make it through women's conference ok first. Well we love you guys and are so happy to got to get alone time. I'm sure Kelly has plenty of "lunchtime" visits to make up for. :)

Carrie Maseda said...

Heather, thanks for sharing your blog with us; I think it is a great way to stay caught up on each other's lives. I know you will be happy when Kelly comes home; I have to admit I have been spoiled having Rich all the time.

Nancy said...

Heather:
Glad to hear you had time with your hubby. You know Target is online, do they not ship to Hawaii? Just thought it might be a way for you to get a fix without having to come to the lower 48. I love San Diego as well, you know Albert is from there and we had a great vacation there just this past fall.
We are settling into life in Tallahassee but I do miss the ward and the people in Georgia bunches. Love and miss you guys love seeing what going on.

rakoff said...

Hey! What a cool website! I'm so happy you were my San Diego buddy. I had a blast! Thanks for being so incredibly awesome. P.S. That is such a great picture of you guys! P.S.S. Happy Easter! It was good to see you today! See you soon.

Johnny, Kindra, and Jasmine said...

That's a very nice picture of you two. I might have an idea about it... -J